JCSAT-18 Launch Schedule Update
Nov 26, 2019
SKY Perfect JSAT Holdings Inc. (Head Office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative Director, President: Eiichi Yonekura) and its wholly-owned subsidiary SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation (Head Office: Minato-ku, Tokyo; Representative Director, President & Chief Executive Officer: Eiichi Yonekura; SKY Perfect JSAT) announce the launch schedule for its JCSAT-18 communications satellite.
Since the successful launch of Horizons 3e in 2018, JCSAT-18 satellite marks the 2nd High Throughput Satellite to be owned by SKY Perfect JSAT. JCSAT-18 will provide Ku-band coverage and improve mobile and broadband services in the Asia-Pacific region, including the far eastern part of Russia.
*HTS: a satellite that efficiently utilizes multiple spot beams to significantly increase throughput as compared to conventional satellites
- Planned launch date : December 16 2019 (Japan Standard Time)
- Launch site : Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida, USA
- Launch vehicle : Falcon 9 (SpaceX)
- Satellite bus : Boeing 702MP (Boeing)
- Satellite specifications :
(1) Frequencies: Ka-band and Ku-band
(2) Coverage area: Asia and Pacific region
(3) Design life: 15 years
- Planned orbital slot : 150 degrees East longitude
For the latest launch information and webcast, please check the SpaceX website at:
Artist’s depiction of JCSAT-18 in space